

My posts have mostly included a hodge podge of pictures that make me smile and make me want to remember and appreciete the ordinary days in my life. I know that I will miss them later on, and want to cherish them now.A sister in my ward who has four children of her own, and who I really look up to, made a comment in Relief Society a while ago that really stuck with me. She said she was at a child's baptism and enjoyed watching all the squirmy kids around. You know, the ones that are a little less than reverent, but trying to be good. She said as she watched them she was suddenly struck with the thought that Heavenly Father loves the squirminess of children. That He loves their excitement, their antsy-ness (how's that for a new word?), their kicking and jumping and swaying back and forth, their excitement for life. It made me picture Heavenly Father watching that baptism and being so pleased that those children had the opportunity to attend, knowing that their sweet, innocent, teachable spirits would absorb the peaceful feelings regardless of their wiggles...despite the anxiety of their parents who certainly were trying to deter them from disrupting the meeting.
I'm not saying that parents should just let their kids run a muck...I just want to remember to appreciate their wiggles more. I want to remember that their bodies are still so new to them. Their spirits are so fresh and excited to experience all that there is to experience with these wonderful bodies that He gave us. I want to remember to encourage reverence, of course, but not to shun excitement...especially at baptisms ;).
I remember being wiggly, and am glad my kids have contagious wiggles!!
Who knows, maybe that's what the world needs, a good, healthy dose of the wiggles....
1 comment:
I love this post! Sometimes my kids' wiggles make me want to pull my hair out! How true that Heavenly Father loves their excitement and energy!! We're told to be like little children- excited, faithful, loyal... <3
Thanks for posting this! I've missed a bunch of your posts, it was fun to catch up!! Have a GREAT day!!!
Post a Comment