



Everyday at lunch we have a lunch lesson. I pull out our gospel art book and choose a picture to talk about with Isaak. It usually ends up being more than one because Isaak would sit and read or listen to stories all day. I try to limit it to a couple though, so that he remembers them. The other day we only talked about one story because Kaebri was a little more needy than usual at lunchtime. So I got up to get her more food and turned around to see Isaak sitting in the seat I was at, turning the pages in the gospel art book and "reading" her a lunch lesson (middle two pics). To my delight the picture he was looking at matched the story he told her. When I came next to him he said, "Look, Mommy, I'm doing a lunch lesson with Kaebri, she likes it!" :) And she totally did, anytime he gives her attention she LOVES it.
So glad Isaak is such a good big brother!!
5 comments:
He is a great big brother!
You're a great momma!
I love the lunch lessons!
So cute! that is a good idea. I should start doing that, it is amazing how much knowledge little kids can soak in! I love the new picture at the top!
This is so precious. Not only is he a good brother, but he also has a wonderful mom!
Brilliant idea to have lunch lessons!! I think I'll copy you. We read scriptures at breakfast (because they are occupied and mostly listen), however, Lunch lessons sounds like a great idea! Nice job Kayleen!
:) I must confess, I got the lunch lesson idea from my sister Kim, and I LOVE it! I think she told me she got the idea from The Friend, or some other church magazine.
We read scriptures with Isaak at night before bed...he is always squirmy for it though...
Post a Comment