Tuesday, March 8, 2011

random babblings...

....I signed up for a half marathon in May...what was I thinking?

....I was thinking that I wanted to be held accountable for my working out, and a race would do that, even if I'm not running for time, just for me...

....I've been thinking about preschool for Isaak a lot lately. He'll be 3 in July and I know a lot of people that are putting their 3 year olds in preschool in the fall.

....I don't want to....I've got to find lots of fun ways to stimulate learning for him though...not that it's difficult for him, but for me to keep it fresh and fun...

...He loves pointing out letters and words that he recognizes on signs and trucks and books and etc...

....I need to go to sleep earlier so I can be a happier mommy...

...it's hard for me to distinguish between what I think I want to do in the moment, and what will ultimately make me happy...ie....watch a flick with my husband or go to sleep...

...it's amazing how much our own actions influence our children. Sometimes I will straighten out something on Isaak's shirt, or touch Kaebri's hair, or run across the room to be silly and Isaak will do the exact same thing immediately after....

...it's always a surprising reminder that he's watching my every move...

...Kaebri's personality is showing more and more, and I LOVE it....so fun to get to know the little person Heavenly Father sent your way...

...last night Brian had a basketball game and left before Isaak was in bed. I brought out some clay for us to play with for the little while before bedtime. We made some animals and Isaak was playing with them as I started to make the letters of his name. Isaak watched me shaping the letters and asked what I was making. I kept telling him, "I don't know, what do you think it is?" I hid the letters because he knows how to spell his name and I wanted him to guess what I was making. So he asked, "Is it an animal?" "No," I said. "Is it a person?" "It is," I said, "A VERY SPECIAL person!" He looked at me and without skipping a beat said, "Is it Daddy?" :) I just smiled and said, "No, he is very special, but it's not him" I showed him the letters and he said, "I-S-A-A-K, that's me, that spells 'Isaak' that means I'm special!!"....

...life is good :)

...

1 comment:

Kim and company said...

Love it! What a fun mommy you are! Way to love those kids up! What a great work you are doing!
=0)