Tuesday, August 3, 2010

blink...

...blink....

I've noticed time seems to be speeding up....because everything is a blur.

Kaebri's been eating more lately...she's getting bigger...outgrowing clothes...more aware of what's going on around her, and although it is charming to hear her coos and squeals, I'm realizing she's not as tote-able as she once was...she's more easily interrupted from a nap, wants to smile and play instead of close her eyes and go to sleep, etc...

Isaak amazes me everyday with what he says and things he remembers...I realize that I have to be careful what I say in front of him now, otherwise he brings it up later on, randomly, which I'm sure at some point will end in an awkward situation for me...but luckily, it hasn't yet...

I read a book this last week. A novel. You know, what adults read, no rhymes nor pictures or anything. I LOVE reading. I haven't taken the time to do so in a while, so I thought I'd just do it. I found myself craving it everyday. I'd sneak in reading wherever I could. Naptime, nursing, night time. When I was almost done--just two chapters remaining--I just decided to finish really quick one afternoon while Isaak was playing on the floor. He kept asking me questions--wanting a snack, agua, his ladder, etc--and I'd say, "yes, just a minute please, I'm almost done with my book" finally he comes over to me offering me one of his many trucks and says, "Want Mommy play with you" and immediately I hear a voice in my head say, "You have few precious years of him wanting you to play with him, you can read that later." I realized why I don't read as often anymore--it consumes me.

blink

and the next thing I know my shelf will be full of books to read, but Isaak's toy closet will be empty, and so will his bedroom.

blink

gotta go play with my kids...

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Um, yeah. That's why I don't read either. Uh huh.

Kim and company said...

Amen sister! Articles. That is the length of reading I do! They are still happy though! I DO love kid books too! So far ALL of my kids read for fun (the oldest 3) Love your entry---it's sound girl!

Hannah Stayner said...

let me tell you about one of those fun awkward moments...

in the doctors office, in front of the entire waiting room smith announced that his mom does NOT in fact have a weaner.

thanks bud.

They really do absorb so much. makes you want to lock em in a cage and only expose them to wonderful things... its a scary world out there.

J♥M said...

Great perpective! Our todays become yesterdays so quick. I hope you don't have to go through the awkward moments, I know I'm never prepared for those!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

You'll get your reading time back when all of your kids are in school...although, I'm busy with other things. At night when all the kids are in bed and Keawe is out of town...that's the best time.