I spontaneously decided to potty train my little guy this week. We started on yesterday...I've been noncommittal about it for awhile, but I've known he's been ready. Really, I missed the perfect opportunity to do it before Kaebri was born...I know, I know, everyone told me that he would regress once she was born...but now I wish that I had just done it so that it wouldn't be so much more of a power struggle with him. Really, he's been good. He doesn't wake up dry from naps though...any help with this?
Anyhow, he went #2 by himself in the big boy potty this morning...which was my biggest concern for training him. But now that I know that he will go if I'm not breathing down his neck, I'm most concerned for him to be dry after naps. It's only day 2...we'll see how it goes. I have pics to post, but just haven't taken the time to do so yet...sorry, I'll get on that soon, just hoping to get through the potty training thing successfully the first time...we'll see...
Wish me luck!!! All suggestions welcome!!
5 comments:
GOOD LUCK!!!! I follow the book "Potty Training in less then a day" and it works like a dream!!! Totally worth checking out!
Put a blanket under him when he naps. Sometimes it takes a few days of holding it for them to learn to do it asleep. A few of mine have done that but it has stopped after about a week. Night times sometimes take a little longer.
Good luck. I hate potty training.
Don't worry about the timing before your sweet girl came. You've got to have lots of positive energy to get through potty training!
I put a blanket folded under mine too! It saves on having to wash the sheets so many times! Cuz I hate that!
Whatever you do...
don't show him any frustration! It's way hard, but it screws up everything!
Potty training like anything worthwhile has its ups and its downs!
You can totally do it! I wish you the best and that you can get through this quickly!
Happy potty training!
potty training boys....it is an adventure for sure! Good luck!
You can do it! You can do it----make a dress for Cinderelly---there's nothing to it really! (To be sung very loud while potty training and smiling!!!)
Post a Comment