....today I was THAT mom. You know which one I'm talking about, the one who looks like she barely slept the night before (most likely because she did). The one just sitting on the bench at the playground, too lazy to get up and help her son up the slide, just encouraging him to try a smaller one out this time. The one that's swaying back and forth when she's standing by herself because her body is on auto-pilot and thinks that swaying is going to somehow keep the baby asleep...even if the baby is not in her arms....the mom who looks like she needs--wait, scratch that, NEEDS a shower because instead of showering during a spare minute she sits down and tries to sneak in a min of shut eye...the mom with a newborn....even though my chick is almost 3 months, I'm more tired now than I have been since I had her...she's decided to grow and eat more at night as of only 3 or 4 nights ago...but WOW it's killing me...
...so today, I have a new appreciation for THAT mom...cause today, THAT mom is me...
6 comments:
Im THAT mom every day. I actually texted KC yesterday and said "im THAT mom in the store today" cause I was staring blankly at Smith while he screamed in the cart like he was going to pass out.
exhaustion is soooo fun.
p.s. Happy Birthday isaac! cant believe hes two! He reminds me so much of Smith with all the stuff he is doing already. Weve got some little smarty pants kids on our hands!
oh and I know you FB me about getting a new camera. you need one :) your pics are great, but your camera is fuzzy!
go to costco, and have them recommend one. I only know about SLRs (the biggies) anyway.
love ya!
Can't wait for you to have your third!!! THAT mom comes for keeps at the hospital!!!
One day after I had my second or maybe third kid I got a glimpse of myself in the tinted window of my car before climbing in. I had spit up all over the shoulder of my very dirty shirt, my hair was a mess, possibly not combed at all, I had on not a stitch of make-up and my eyes were completely blood shot. I stood there debating whether I cared enough to fix it or not. I realized I needed more sleep when the effort of unbuckling the seatbelts a getting out of the car seemed to outweigh being seen in public looking so ragged.
Definitely a THAT mom day.
Aaahh! the things kids do to us.
Adjusting physically and emotionally after each one is very real.
I wish I was right there and I'd snatch those 2 for a few hours so you could get some good shut eye! You need a mini vacay however mini that is.
I will never forget those days!
oh cuz, I can SO relate!
Post a Comment