

Brian made his cake--LOVE that my husband loves to bake...it makes my life so much easier, and yummy.I actually have more pics of his bday somewhere...but I'm not up for searching for them. That, and I have some friends that took some pics for me that I need to get from them.
We had fun celebrating him, we went to the park and had some friends come and play, we were there for nearly 4 hours, it was sooo fun to just enjoy being outside, eating pizza, and Brian made some homemade ice cream to go along with the awesome cake pictured above...it, too, was tasty!!
Some of his favorite things right now are nursery rhymes. Randomly in the car he'll recite them to me, often much to my surprise. He can quote most of, if not all of many little poems we read. He's a funny kid. He LOVES to sing. Some of his favorites right now are: "Three Blind Mice," "Give Said the Little Stream," "Pop Goes the Weasel" and a bunch of others that escape me at the moment. Whenever I sing a new song to him he'll say, "Do it again" a billion times (okay, maybe like 10 times, but still) so that he can sing it too. He's totally into memorizing things. He loves learning people's names, and often remembers names that I have forgotten. He can count to 10, and sometimes to twenty if he doesn't get distracted. He recognizes most of the ABCs and is the funniest little mimic ever.
The other day we went to the bank, drove to the drive-up teller, and as we were waiting behind a car for our turn I was filling out the deposit slip when Isaak excitedly said, "She's doing the testimony!!" Confused I looked up and said, "What Isaak? What do you see?" I turned to him and he pointed to the teller behind the window who was speaking into a long microphone much like the microphone at the pulpit in church. He repeated with a proud smile, "She's doing the testimony!!" :) I tried so hard to hold in my laughter, it was super cute to see him make such a connection, just a little off target though. I smiled and said, "Ya know, she may be, but I think she's just talking into a microphone that looks like the microphone at church where people share their testimonies!" LOVE that kid!!
We are so glad to have little Isaak in our family. Often I find myself expecting more from him than I should, as I forget that really, he is only two. I learn so much from him though, as he smiles at everyone, smiles as he shares his toys, and points at strangers that walk by us and says, "Friends!!" If only we could all see the world as a 2 year old sees the world, happily seeking life's next adventure...just without the stubborn, "I can do it myself" attitude!!!
Here's to being happy with 2!!!
6 comments:
I love that little guy too! What a great age! Happy Birthday to you cute Isaak! Cute cake Brian----I see a side business for you kid!!
So he is 2 and starting kindergarten this year, right? That is what it sounds like to me.
Awesome cake Brian. and Happy Birthday Isaak!
He's looking older, too! Happy Birthday Isaak!
Love the cake!!
He is looking more and more grown up to me!
What an awesome birthday!
I love his 2 year old world!
I wish I could look at anybody and say "Friends"! Ihave trust issues.
Happy Birthday!
That is an AWESOME cake !!!!!!!!
Post a Comment