






Kaebri Belén Vaughan. (middle name pronounced "bay-len" with the emphasis on the second syllable. We are finally home, after the longest week of my life. She was apparently too excited to get here and inhaled too much fluid for her own good. It's amazing how much my stress level has dropped...so refreshing to have her home. She is still on oxygen, but on the lowest amount possible. She was doing really well when we left, the Dr contemplated sending her home sans oxygen, but due to the fact that I have a cold, Isaak has a cold, and for the past couple of days she has had the beginnings of a cold she opted to err on the side of caution...and I am totally okay with that! We have a Dr's appt on Monday to see if she is ready to have the oxygen taken off or not...we're hoping so, and I feel good about where she is at. It was such a surreal experience to be in the NICU. She was the biggest baby there (for most of her stay, there was a 10 lb baby there that had some SERIOUS jaundice...it was fascinating to look at him. It's amazing how yellow the skin can get.) There were babies that had been born at 24, 25, 26, and 27 weeks there. People would ask how old my baby was and I'd respond in days, but they were looking for gestational age...when I said 37 weeks everyone was shocked...why was a term baby in the NICU?
It was a humbling experience to be there for sure. I learned a lot about my reasons for requesting things from the Lord. I am grateful for answered prayers, and am so happy to have our baby girl in our family. I'll write down my labor story (for anyone interested) later, I'm pretty tired right now, and would like to go to sleep...in my own bed...because I can...
9 comments:
Oh I am SO happy the whole family is home now!!!! Isaak looks so stinkin handsome and of course Kaebri is so cute- I can't wait for a picture of her whole little face without oxygen or massive size binky's. ;) I love the car on the bum too. Hope Monday is a good day!!! I'll keep those prayers going but I am so happy she is home. I've been worried about you guys!
So glad she is home now! From the pictures, you can definitely tell she is Isaak's sibling. I'm also excited to see pictures of her whole face without the oxygen. I'm sure you are just loving her to death!
she is so pretty. i'm so happy for you guys!
She is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so happy that all is well now! Congratulations, you made it through the first week--it's a little stressful anyways, but you had added stress for sure! Keep posting those pictures!
Oh what a happy home you must be in! There is really no place like home! Although I am so very grateful for modern medicine and that the hospital can be a special place too. I'm glad that they've been keeping tabs on her and that she got to come home! I hope that your weekend at home is great and that you get more great news when you go in on Monday! I believe in the power of prayer! Isaak looks way grown up to me in that pic next to her! I hope that all the stress can stay away! Congratulations! She's beautiful even with oxygen!
I just love the first couple of days after a new little baby arrives from heaven. It just feels like heaven lingered and the joy is immense. Sorry for your stress and so happy you are home now! Welcome sweet Kaebri, we can't wait to meet you!
Congratulations !!! I am glad it all turned out okay !!
Yay for HOME!!! I'm glad you are doing a lot better! She is a little dolly for sure. Good work mom!
Im so glad you guys have her now! she is so cute!!!! I bet Isaak is so happy to be a big brother!
Post a Comment