Saturday, May 15, 2010

At this moment...


I'm sitting at the computer with my little ladybug snuggled up on my chest on her stomach. Her legs are pulled up in a "froggy" pose, and I'm amazed at how much newborns sleep...the last 3 weeks are one big haze in my brain...along with everything else...

...I'm hoping that Isaak stays in bed til 7am tomorrow, he's recently learned how to get out of his big boy bed (it has side rails) and comes in just a bit too early for Brian and I...really it wouldn't matter so much if it weren't for our interrupted sleep due to the aforementioned ladybug...

...I can't wait to have her be rid of the nasal tube around her face...hopefully she'll pass her test on Wed with flying colors and Thursday we can be oxygen free...at least oxygen tank free...

...I'm learning how to balance being a mom of two...right now I just feel like I'm on survival mode...

...I'd say I'm generally a pretty patient person with my almost-2-year-old...I've discovered that my patience is GREATLY diminished when I'm running off little sleep...

...nap time is my favorite part of the day...

...I've always enjoyed nap time, but now I relish in its peace...and slumber...

...Isaak gets out of bed, opens and closes his bedroom door, runs to our door, opens and closes our bedroom door, runs in (after naptime and in the morning) and says, "HAVE A GOOD NAP!!!"...

...it makes me smile every time...

...my smile isn't quite as big when it's 5am, but it still creeps up on my face...

...he says it because I used to get him from his naps and ask him if he had a good nap...

...I will be sad when this phase ends...the phase of excitedly answering my questions...of coming to our room when he's awake because we are the ones that he wants to spend time with...of seeking our praise, even when he's not engaged in the most endearing behavior...

...my husband is out getting us a movie to watch...

...it's only 7:40pm...but I'm betting that I won't make it to the end of the movie awake...

this is my new life...and as my two little ones are snoozing and I feel overwhelming gratitude in my heart for a loving father in heaven who makes life hard so that I can enjoy it more...I wouldn't change anything about it...

...but, if you ask me at 5:30am when Isaak comes running into our room after I've just finished feeding Kaebri and have barely laid down to sneak in another hour of sleep...my opinion might differ...but only slightly ;)...

6 comments:

Hannah Stayner said...

Oh I soooo know what you are talking about. Just HOPE AND PRAY that she starts sleeping through the night sooner than my NINE month old baby who refuses STILL to sleep longer than 3 hour stretches. (can you tell I am a little bitter and exhausted myself?) PERO....
I also couldn't be more grateful for my little men. They bring me more joy than I ever could have imagined... so the sleepless nights are so worth it:)

Im glad Kaebri is home healthy and safe. I love her. cause I know... I JUST KNOW... She is a little mini green.

Elder and Sister Hale said...

These are precious times! Being a mom that has regained her full 8 hours of sleep for the past couple of years, I look back and remember those almost sleepless nights with a bit of nostalgia...just a teeny bit. Kaebri is sure a cutie!

Shannon said...

Who needs sleep when you have two cuties like that?

I'll tell you what I did to keep my children in their room and not out waking everyone else in the house up at 5 am. It involved a childproof door knob. Mean I know. They got the drift though. Now we don't have to lock them in. ;)

But I know that doesn't help you any. You could never been as mean as me.

Debbie said...

The life of a mommy! =) .. kylee wakes up on the dot every morning and comes into our room and starts chanting, "FOOD FOOD FOOD EAT EAT EAT" and doesnt stop until she gets food... just like in nemo when the birds go mine mine mine mine... hahahahahah.. gotta love em!

J♥M said...

I know what ya mean! Love the pic of your 2 cuties! I sure hope that you're able to sneak in some sleep whenever and wherever works! I don't know what a good night sleep is anymore. I can't make myself sleep in! Having kids really changes the internal clock!
I just want to say thanks as well for all your kind words and I love your perspective. Here you are sleep deprived and you take time to brighten and encourage me! THANKS!

The Walker clan said...

I'm scared for #3! Two wasn't that bad because Blake and I can tag team...but now...??? I think this will be the real test for me :) Your doing great Kayleen!!!