Friday, April 23, 2010

Today is just the beginning...

...of many tired days ahead. Our baby girl was born at 6:29 this morning!!! (April 23, 2010) I now have two kids...kinda crazy!

I'm currently in the hospital, Kaebri is in the NICU, she came out so fast that she didn't have the opportunity to squeeze the fluid out of her lungs in the birth canal that other babies do. (she was only in there for about 7 or 8 minutes...) Everything else is great, she is healthy and cute with her mishapen head and swollen newborn face!! She is 6lbs 5oz 20in long, and TINY compared to her big brother Isaak!!

We were so happy to meet her today and are hoping she can rid herself of that fluid in her lungs quick so she can be discharged with us...or shortly thereafter. I'll follow this post up with pictures, but right now I'm pretty delirious and need to hurry and go to sleep just in time for a nurse to walk in and wake me up... :)!!

Happy Birthday sweet Kaebri! Welcome to the world!!

6 comments:

Dana said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy that Kaebri is here and I hope that she will be able to come home with you. Can't wait for some photos. Of course she would come the day before your shower :) We'll have to celebrate the two of you soon. Congratulations!!!

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats you guys! You and your WAY early babies! What a pretty name! Can't WAIT to see pictures! Hope you both do good and that she gets out of NICU soon!

J♥M said...

Oh I'm sure she's absolutley adorable! I love her name! I sure hope they help her get all that fluid out so that you can all go home together as one happy family! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

FoxFamily said...

Very cute name!!! Wow you were early! I hope all is well. Congratulations!!!

7packofbearss said...

Congrats! Hope all goes well with your little one. It can be scary to see them sick. We will be thinking of you all.

The Walker clan said...

Yea!!! Welcome welcome little Kaebri! Glad your doing well mom! Life just got better!!! I promise!!!