Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"anzel on top...."

we are lucky enough to live 5 minutes away from the Denver temple. It really has been such a blessing to go drive by it whenever we like. When we first came here, and the weather was nice, we would walk there as a family and enjoy being on the temple grounds. Every time we drive toward it Isaak looks out the window in anticipation, and once he sees it says with a breath of excitement, "TEMPLE!!" He will sometimes see other churches and point to them and say, "temple," but we explained to him that there is an angel on top of the temple and his name is Moroni. So he often talks about that angel on top. Today while I went to go run an errand Isaak said, "Momma drive by temple? Anzel on top!" I smiled as I promised that we would drive by the temple on our way home and look at the angel on top of the temple. After our errand we drove by that special building and he continued to give our surroundings narration, complete with "fountain" "frag" (flag) "fowers" (flowers) "cars, big trucks" and of course, "old anzel on top" (gold angel on top). Today I was particularly touched by his excitement and felt that gentle urge from the spirit reach through my son's voice encouraging me to go to the temple more...that wonderful temple with the "anzel on top."

3 comments:

Shannon said...

How cute! Man he is a talker. I am trying to convince Ky to say "mom."

The Walker clan said...

It's one of my favorites to hear my girls very excidedly scream out "TEMPLE" when we drive by one. They always want us to sing the primary song "I love to see the temple" when we drive by. Love thier excitement!!!

J♥M said...

I can't believe he's talking and that you can understand him! So awesome! I love how kids just know how special the temples are. Thanks for sharing this post as it reminded me that I don't go there as often as I should!