Monday, February 22, 2010

Comings and goings....


We have been working with colors, numbers, and letters with Isaak. He knows his colors pretty well, he says "ABCs" (note: he doesn't say his ABCs...he literally just says the 3 "A, B, C" ;), and this last week he counted to "6" on his own. It was pretty surprising for me to hear as he was picking up plates at a friends house and stacking them on the floor I overheard him counting: won, too, twee, foe, five, six, too... " Hey, he was right on until he got to the second "2" and that's good enough for me. He's pretty fond of the number "2" mostly because I give him chewable vitamins in the morning which are like candy to him (especially since he's never eaten candy). He'll walk around the house for 30 min after eating his vitamins saying, "Jus two, two vitmans, jus two" holding up an index finger from each hand in front of his face, assuring himself that that's what the answer would be if he were to request more. Love the funny things kids do as they learn.

Soooo, my original OB from this pregnancy is leaving the practice in March, and since I'm due in May will not be available to deliver this little spit fire in my tummy (she kicks like she's practicing Taekwondo anytime Isaak sits on my lap or pushes on my stomach, when the Dr tried to check her heartbeat today it took her 10 min to catch her in one spot so she could measure her heart rate, it was kinda cute, and scary to think of me having to wrestle with that little ladybug). So I had an appointment with a different OB from the same office, who informed me that she, too, is looking to leave on May 1st, she will be moving to another practice just down the street though, it would be easy to follow her if that's what I choose to do. However, there is a midwife at the office that I attend that is way cool, and I scheduled an appointment to meet with her in 2 weeks...I can't believe I'm already having appointments every 2 weeks. So, I'm hoping that she (the midwife) can deliver me. She delivers at a hospital that is 5 min away from our house, which makes me happy because my 1st labor was pretty quick and I'd rather get to the hospital in time to deliver, then be stuck on the freeway introducing my car to a mess that I would never want to clean up. I don't love the feeling that I'm just floating right now, without a specified Dr, but I'm sure everything will be just fine...I'm in the 3rd trimester...the end is near...and I'm not sure if I'm excited or nervous, maybe both.

On top of that confusion I've been having crazy dreams about my going into labor. I went into labor at home with Isaak, and everything went so perfectly that I almost feel like this time around it will have to involve some sort of drama. I dreamt that I had to have a C-section after 3 days of labor, and another time I dreamt that she didn't come till May 17th (I'm due May 14th), another involved me having to deliver her myself on the side of the road because traffic was awful...to the hospital that is only 5 min away.... It's so funny how your mind tries to process things that go on around you, because really, I don't feel worried about it, but because it's unsure I wonder how it will all go down. I didn't have this experience with Isaak, never even dreamed about going into labor with him.

In other news, Isaak is getting his very own BIG BOY BED! I am nervous and excited for him. He's such a good boy that I'm hoping it will be a smooth transition. I know it will take consistency on my part, and he'll be climbing out some, but I'm hoping that he loves it and stays in bed. It's a twin-size bed with storage underneath that I am sure he will use as his own little cave to play in. I just need him to adjust to it before the newbie gets here so he has no possessive issues with that. I'll post pics once we have it up in his room.

Life is good, we feel very blessed, and can't wait to meet the newest member of our family...but then again, maybe we can...wait...yep, yeah, we definitely can....at least 8 more weeks or so... ;)!

6 comments:

Shelese said...

Ha ha, I love that he learned to count with his vitamins. I tell Addie every morning that she can only have two vitamins as well. Now whenever I ask her if she wants to take them, she says "yes, two" Life is much more fun with these little ones around!

The Walker clan said...

Don't fret my pet...your labor will come faster this go around! :) So yes be prepared :) Your son won't have a big problem transitioning to a big boy bed it's your little girly that will be the stinker about it...that is if they share a room like my kids do. Once we put Trisha in her big girl bed it was and still is a game every night. So we had to get a gate so they both know that it's time to stay in the room and give your parents a break! Good luck. Your an awesome mom and I know you'll do great in labor and rasing cute babies :)

Kim and company said...

Cute Cute Cute! Love that little Zakaroo is saying such darling shtuff! Love this phase!!! Congrats on the Big Boy Bed---good luck with that transition! What's up with everyone ditching the practice?? Not a good sign! I'm laughing about your labor dreams though! Tee--hee!

Shannon said...

What a big boy Isaak is!

I was totally freaked to have my second baby because I was told it would be a lot faster, and my first was only 3 hours! But my second was my longest... like 5 hours. Luckily you do live so close to the hospital. That has to be comforting. Wish I was there so you could drop Isaak off on your way.

Next time you are in the area we have some girl clothes you are welcome to borrow.

J♥M said...

I can't believe how big he is! Counting?! He talks and understands so beautifully!

I know that the delivery stuff will go however it will. I pray the right person will be there to help! And I'm so glad you live close to it! :)

Elder and Sister Hale said...

It's all downhill from here! (in a good way and I'm talking about your countdown to delivery) It could also be downhill for the bed transition..in a bad way. My boys were angels about it (after a spanking from dad), Anela NEVER gave us a problem, Kanani was a whole diffent ball game...We won eventually, but had to threaten her with taking away her prized baby doll that she slept with every night. Good luck!