Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh Man! Oh Man! Oh Man!

In an effort to discourage our son from saying, "No" to us, Brian thought it would be a good idea to teach him to say "Aw Man," when he is frustrated. It's actually worked pretty well. When we have taken something away from him that was particularly compelling, like a remote control, for example, he'd say "Ohmanohmanohmanohman!!" It was great, up until the last couple of weeks.

Unfortunately I don't say "Aw Man!" When he reaches for something on the table that will fall all over the floor, or tries to eat my cell phone, or the rocks outside, or thinks that smashing his cracker into the carpet is great fun...So he has now learned the word "No"...hmmmm, not lovin' it. So now when I try to keep him from climbing into the fridge (one of his favorite places to rummage through) he says, "Nonononononono" shaking his cute little frustrated face over and over as he crumples to the floor in dismay muttering forlornly, "Ohmanohmanohman!"

It's too bad we can't just close the door and leave him in there until he meows to get out...it sure worked with Muse..

4 comments:

The Walker clan said...

I see him throwing cute tantrums. My girls fall to the floor and pout! I wish they just said man oh man... Cut guy!!!

J♥M said...

I love that! He's adorable!

Kim and company said...

I can hardly wait to hear him saying cute shtuff for myself!!! Ah Man---I have to wait!!!

Shannon said...

You really need to get a video of that. TOO STINKIN' CUTE!