Thursday, July 2, 2009

1 year ago today...

...I had only gotten about an hour of sleep...and I actually thought I was tired.

...I had no idea that in 2 nights when we went home I would long for just 1 hour of sleep.

...I was wondering if my body would ever feel "normal" again.

...I was agonizing over names, and realizing that I truly do have issues with commitment.

...Brian was sleeping in a chair next to me in the hospital.

...Brian bought me Subway a couple of times...and it's never tasted soooo good.

...Brian and I thought we understood that our lives had changed...but we didn't really get it.

...I thought I couldn't love this guy any more than I did in that moment...


...but, WOW, I was wrong!!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE BUG!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!


8 comments:

Shelese said...

Happy Birthday little guy! Aww he is so stinkin cute! I miss him!

J♥M said...

That turned me into SAP! One year! Really? They grow up way too fast as you already know and that love just gets deeper and deeper! Happy Birthday! Do we get to see how he eats his cake? Can't wait! That's always my favorite part about their party!

Shannon said...

No way! That means my little guy is right around the corner. Insane! He is such a cutie. I couldn't remember which day was his birthday since he was born at midnight. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE DUDE!!! We miss you!

annie said...

Happy birthday little dude! You've gotten so big! We love you!

Emily Widdison said...

whoohoo! You have a blog:) I'll be blurking too:)
He is adorable...can you believe how fast time flies with these little guys?
Do you love Highlands Ranch? My sister absolutely loved it...if you remember, ask in your ward if they remember the Blaylocks...I'm just curious how fast things change there...like if it is a pretty permanent place to live or if people move in and out all the time.
Have fun in CO...we love it there!

The Walker clan said...

Biggest Birthday Wishes to you too little buddy!!!

Kim and company said...

Happiest Birthdays to our cute nephew---and cousin! We can hardly wait to see you--and tickle and play with you! Kayleenie--I felt that your post was a beautiful and accurate protrayal of the growth of new mommyhood! Congrats for this hard and blissful world of happiness you have entered!!

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

Can't believe a year has passed... Jackie and I were talking about him on his birthday. Hope he heard me wishing him a Happy Birthday!