Friday, April 3, 2009

Somewhere inbetween...

...Utah and Colorado. I hate traveling with Isaak and screwing up his schedule so much. At least there's no time difference, right? He's dropped his third nap and I haven't been able to get him on a regular schedule yet. It's pretty awesome...I mean really, I love it. Who doesn't love confusing their kid and putting him in strange places to sleep and dragging him in his car seat from place to possible rental place. Moving....it's sweet.




Really, I have nothing to complain about, he is such a good baby, he has been over tired lately, but still is chill. Who doesn't get grumpy when they don't get enough sleep?




Isaak is 9 months old...it's gone by crazy quick. I LOVE this age!! I think there is something to love about every age, but this one has been my favorite so far (until he gets to the next one and that will be my favorite!) He crawls, pulls himself up on EVERYTHING and cruses around holding onto furniture. I love that he is so interactive now. Going out with him, he'll smile at strangers from 10 or 15 feet away, but as soon as they get close he tenses up a bit, straight faced, it's like he's flirting with the idea of being friendly, and at the last minute can't commit. I do love how his smile lights up other people's faces though. There's just something about a baby smiling at you that makes you feel special. He's so docile, but super determined. Once he learns how to do something he will practice it over and over again. Oh, and ever since he's started solids, he thinks he's entitled to anything anyone is eating or drinking around him. He's pretty good at begging for things now....


...and it's pretty hard to resist such a cute, innocently curious face.

He's a good kid and I'm glad we have him. Okay, enough of the mother's gushing about her baby.




Speaking of rental places, Brian and I are staying in a nice place downtown called "The Glass House." The outer walls of the condo are windows and we are on the 13th floor so we have an awesome view of the city. We have pictures, but the camera is still packed somewhere and I'm just not willing to go get it right now, so I will post those later. Brian's work is paying for us to live there up to 90 days...and we will probably be there the full time. I haven't found any place that I love yet, but it may just be that it's hard for me to compare living in a rental as opposed to our own house. It has been cool to hang out with my brother Kevin and his family though.




Brian seems to be liking his job, he drives back to Denver on Monday and little Zak and I will be hanging out here for the week. There are some last minute whatnots that we need to get done with the house to prep it for renting out. We don't know if we'll be here or there for Easter. I feel rather transient at the moment, but know that it will be a good move...eventually. We truly are blessed to find ourselves in this position, I mean, you don't hear of people getting promoted a lot lately, and I am grateful for my hardworking husband who is taking care of us.




Well, that will do it for this update of the Vaughans. Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness writing, but it's what I got right now. Happy Conference!!!

4 comments:

Kim and company said...

Kayleenie--careful with that moving business---it'll kill ya in the end! =) Hee Hee! Happy Conference to you!! Glass house?? You gettin all CS Lewis on me or what?

7packofbearss said...

We hope you guys find somewhere as awesome as your old neighborhood. It is probably almost impossible, because of the fantastic neighbors, but hopefully you can find a close second best.

J♥M said...

I agree with Nicole. Hope your little guy gets in a routine so he can be even happier. It's nice to hear what you're up to! Best wishes with all the details!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Yeah, I'd like to see pics of this glass house! Sounds fun..(as long as you're on the 13th floor!) Good luck in finding a place, can't wait to see where you end up. And yes! congrats to Brian for the promotion. You definitely don't hear that very often these days! Thanks for the update!