...my mom used to make homemade pizza. It was so good!! My friends always knew that Saturday night was pizza night at my house. She made the dough from scratch. My job was to spread the dough out on the pan and then the pizza sauce on the dough. She used to let me grate the cheese and spread that over the sauce, but once she realized how much more cheese ended up in my mouth than on the pizza (I LOVE mozzarella cheese) she would ask one of my brothers to do it.
It's been a while since my mom has made her famous (at least in our family) pizza. She has Alzheimer's disease. I'm glad we could relive the tradition...if only for one night. I'm not sure I'm up for making bread every Saturday night. It made me realize how much tradition influences our memories though. So I'm excited to have my own family's traditions now...I'll let you know what they are as they blossom. I must admit, I am a fan of traditions that involve food though. They're always tasty!!!
So...what are some of your traditions?

4 comments:
you are so great. the pizza looks great. you are amazing. take care
Kyle has told me about pizza night. I would love the recipe if you have it. Looks yummy!
So I totally have been stalking your blog and that is one of our traditions..Make Or Buy Pizza Sat. night. Carsen comes home from church and automatically gets in his chair and asks for a "cold" slice of pizza
Pepperoni's are on sale at Macey's this week... I have to go get some now. Thanks.
You know you didn't have to tease with the pictures.
Post a Comment