
General Conference is this weekend, we get to hear from the leaders of the church, we get to prepare ourselves for what the Lord knows is coming. It's an amazing thing. Whenever General Conference approaches, ever since I served my mission, I get excited, like I did when I was little and our family had a Disneyland trip coming up. It's so awesome that we get a formal gut check every 6 months, to make sure we're where we need to be.
I remember when I was little I didn't understand why anyone would watch all 4 sessions of conference. I thought that 2 hours was our due and that we were good to go with either the Sunday morning session or the Sunday afternoon session. My dad would watch the Saturday sessions, and I would think, "Aren't you going to watch tomorrow? Why are you watching right now?" Now, I can't imagine limiting myself to just 1 session. I need all the instruction I can get. Bring it on!!
This will be the first conference that I have a baby to take care of at the same time. It will also be the first conference that I will be listening to the talks as a parent. It's kinda scary, but I'm so excited!! I invite you all to prepare yourselves for conference. Ask specific questions, get specific answers. I know I will!!!
I remember when I was little I didn't understand why anyone would watch all 4 sessions of conference. I thought that 2 hours was our due and that we were good to go with either the Sunday morning session or the Sunday afternoon session. My dad would watch the Saturday sessions, and I would think, "Aren't you going to watch tomorrow? Why are you watching right now?" Now, I can't imagine limiting myself to just 1 session. I need all the instruction I can get. Bring it on!!
This will be the first conference that I have a baby to take care of at the same time. It will also be the first conference that I will be listening to the talks as a parent. It's kinda scary, but I'm so excited!! I invite you all to prepare yourselves for conference. Ask specific questions, get specific answers. I know I will!!!
2 comments:
Okay Conference was AWESOME! I loved it! I especially loved the Lehonti reference 2 times in a row---wow what power! Poisoned by degrees-that was great statement! LOVED President Monson's talk about making memories with your kids---Love it! Watching it with a little baby---cake. Watching it with a room of toddlers---cactus! Lov you sis!
I loved it too!!! Bednar's talk was great, keeping prayer as a continual conversation with the Lord was a great message. And I too enjoyed the "Joy in the journey" message. Now we just gotta remember to apply it.
Post a Comment