Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Got Your Nose!


Yesterday, the Bug and I were playing and he got bored with my "baby" games and decided to teach me a new trick. He put his hand on my face and pulled it back and yelled out "I got your nose!" Yeah right, like he could take off my nose. I thought I'd humor him and play his game. I doubtingly looked at his little tight fist with a smirk on my face, eyes rolling to the back of my head, "Okay Bugsly, you got my n..." I did one of those panicky double takes, staring at his fist. The little guy really took my nose from off of my face and was waving it in front of me. My heart started to race as I frantically began to beg and plead for it back. No dice! So, I had to call in my back-up, my wife. Kay came in very worried at my screams and asked what was wrong. I explained to her the whole dramatic situation, and even added that I'd never be able to smell again if I didn't get my nose back. She stared at me with one eyebrow raised, letting out an "oh my gosh" sigh. She gently opened up Isaak's fist to reveal an empty palm. "Oh no," I thought, "he's lost it!" But before I could vocalize my thoughts, Kay had also put a mirror in front of my face, showing me that my nose was back home. What a relief! Special thanks to Kayleen for getting my nose back, and as for Isaak, we made a deal, no stealing my nose again...but I don't mind if he takes yours.

4 comments:

Anna M. said...

Hi Kayleen and Brian! It's me...Anna...from the ward...I found your blog through the Warners' blog...hope that's okay. Just wanted to tell you that I think you have a very cute, adorable baby boy! Also...you are brave to try the kool-aid pickle...not for me. =)

Mike and Jackie said...

You shouldn't let Zak tease Brian like that Kay.

Kim and company said...

Wow, should I be concerned? I mean pinkish pickles--and then delusions about facial features. I think they are related!

Shannon said...

So I can totally hear this whole conversation playing out, and I can see Kayleen doing the one eyebrow thing...

I think you guys need to work on getting more sleep at night, or maybe Morgan can help you out with her "energy drinks."