My dearest little Isaak,
Your birthday is in 2 days and I can hardly stand it!! You will be 3 (going on 30) and I feel like you have always been around. Was there ever a time where you weren't my little tag along buddy? As you are still so little I wanted to write down a couple of things that I want you to know later on. I have LOVED the age 2 with you!! Everyone warned me about the terrible 2's, but I think 3 will be tougher with you. You've only recently shown tantrum tears, but, mostly, can be coaxed out of your tempest, if Brian or I decide to take the time to handle it the way you need it to be handled.
You are a serious talker. Always have been. You often drop words and phrases that I didn't realize you knew, or had heard before. Whenever I say or read a word you don't recognize you ask me to repeat it and ask what it means. I'll notice you trying it out in the conversations I hear you having with your toys and trucks. If I say a word incorrectly, or too fast, you'll say, "Mommy, what'd you say?" because you want me to correct it. You are also very good at correcting yourself when you've said a word wrong. After asking you how old you are people will almost always ask me afterward to see if you really are only 2. You're a little smarty, that's for sure!
You have SUCH a big heart. Whenever you see someone crying, or upset you immediately zone in on it. Often telling me that that person is feeling sad. I'll ask you what might make them feel better, and often you will run over and give them a hug--well received or not, you give it. You get very emotional in watching any type of show. If something mean or sad happens, you will start to tear up until it's made better again.
You LOVE your little sister. When we go get her in the morning you always smother her with hugs and kisses...which she mostly likes, until it becomes a bit much. You tend to wait until she calls out in distress before you stop your lovefest, much to her chagrin.
You have an AWESOME memory. If I tell you we will do something "later" you will bring it up hours or days later if that something has not been done yet. I have to be careful about what I promise you, because you will hold me to it!
You are always so excited to play with friends, new or old. Whenever anyone comes to our house you immediately go into "show-off" mode telling stories and showing toys, getting very huggy and often tackling people...I have to remind you to give others space. You are good at sharing. It is hard sometimes, but overall, if we remind you that you like it when others share with you, you are quick to share with others.
You like being in on the conversation. If I'm talking to someone and you're not playing with someone else, you will often interrupt with little tidbits about what you're playing with, or repeating things I've said that you've heard me say before.
I love your imagination. When we told you I had a little baby in my tummy you immediately started explaining that you had a little baby in your tummy, and so did Daddy, and so did Kaebri. In any given day you will pretend to be any one of your friends from church and then Kaebri is the sister (or brother if there are no sisters in the family) and I am the mommy (not me mommy, but the mommy of the family we are pretending to be. I have been Emily, Gina, Dana, Kristin....pretty much if you have a kid my kid's age, I've been you, and he's been that kid.
Before you were born we were talking about how we wanted our kids to have cousins the same age as our kids, and that we'd have to have a kid fairly soon in order for that to happen. Brian was totally fine with that....and I needed a little more convincing....I knew we needed to wait to have kids....I just didn't know WHAT we needed to wait for. So, Brian waited a week or so for me to get over myself, and I decided that it might be the right time to start our family. I knew there was someone ready to come. When you were born we had another name in mind for you. It didn't fit you at all though. Well before I went into labor that day I had randomly thought that I liked the name Isaak. I sent a text to Brian and asked him when he thought. He responded with, "It has possibilities" and that was it. Our full conversation about your name. Until later that night when you were born and you didn't look like the other name. We knew you were "Isaak."
YOU have been SUCH a JOY for us. You constantly make us smile and laugh at little things. You help me pay attention to all the wonderful creations surrounding us, often saying things like, "Jesus made the clouds for us, Mommy!" or I'll hear you whisper to Kaebri in the backseat that we need to be nice to each other because that fills Heavenly Father's bucket.
I want you to know that I LOVE YOU SO MUCH my little bug!!! It has been such a privilege getting to know you and learning with you these past 3 years, and I'm excited for the adventures of the next year with you! We love you to the moon and back x 100 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment