





....just preoccupied with my favorite people!When Isaak was a baby I remember trying to enjoy every stage he was in. Loving the blessing that I had to be at home with him and experience everything with him for the first time, but excited for the next new experience to come. Now that we have Kaebri I find myself wanting everything to slow down, not to say that I'm not excited for new stages in her development, but I'm not anxious for them, like I was with Isaak...because Isaak is past the cuddle-with-me-whether-he-wants-to-or-not stage (insert devious laugh here ;), and although I LOVE who he is and where he is at now (aside from the tantrums...which are only occasional... and mostly only come from me now) he's not my little cooing baby anymore.
Kaebri is at such a cute phase of interaction right now. I LOVE the sound of baby coos...so stinkin' cute!! She smiles a bunch, sleeps great at night, and is overall a really good baby. We are enjoying getting to know her and having her actually respond to us now. She's 2 months old...and it seems just like a dream...like in Jacob 7:25 (maybe verse 24 or 26, but my BOM isn't near me right now, so you'll just have to look it up yourselves...although I'm certain it's one of those verses) where Jacob says, (and I'm paraphrasing here) "And the time passed away with us, our lives passed away, like as it were unto us a dream..." It's true. Time just passes away. It all just seems as though it was a dream. I'm trying to be better about what I fill my day with. What my time looks like. What memories I'm making for my children. What experiences they will draw on later in life. They are still so young, but it starts now. Before I know it I will be reading this blog entry to little Kaebri, telling her what it was like when she was born. How I anguished over her short stay in the NICU and how Isaak loved her up from the very beginning.
So I'm trying to apply "The King's Stilts" by Dr. Suess in my life (as recommended by my sister, Kim, in a blog entry a year or so ago) "When he worked, he REALLY worked, but when he played, he REALLY played!!!
3 comments:
I love the look on Isaak's face in that picture of him on the floor looking at Kaebri. And what is all over him?
Funny how the first child it so different huh? I know just what you mean. Unfortunately I didn't come the that 'savor the moment' time until baby #3 but I think that is because baby #2 was and continues to be such a difficult child and I am sure it didn't help that D was working and going to school full time and was never home.
Love your comments! Your kids are so adorable! This is sad, but I have no memories of my kids as babies! I feel like they have been grown up forever...time flies way too fast and is filled with too much new information that I am constantly glad I made a scrapbook for each of my kids of their first year of life..proof that it really existed!
Here Here! I agree with you whole heartedly my sweet sis! Kaebri is a DOLL and that little Zac is darling too---soap and all =) I also LOVE the picture of him doting on his sis! So scrumptious!
Post a Comment