
So I've been checking out clothes for our new little one. I HATE shopping, but if I have a clear purpose it is tolerable. We have some onesies that we can use from when Isaak was first born, and I got some headbands to stick on her head to help with any confusion as well, but mostly, we will need some clothes for this chick, right? Right. So we've gotten a couple of things for her, but I always find myself drawn to the boy clothes...let's be honest, I rarely shop for girl's clothes for myself, let alone anyone else, so my instinct is to look at the cute little boy stuff. I did find some cute sweaters for her though, and a couple of pants that are adorable. It's weird to think of what another kid with our genes will look like.
We've been buying diapers for when the baby comes so we don't have to go out every week (or every other day) to get new ones, and Isaak points to the pictures of the babies on the boxes and says, "Baby!" We've been trying to tell him that we will be having a little baby and that he is lucky enough to have a little sister. He, of course, doesn't get it, but seems to point them out to us more when he sees them now. He's been good about sharing too, in nursery, or when we play with friends he often will go up and offer a toy truck for a friend to play with...whether or not that friend is interested. It's fun to see his personality blossom. He loves going to the pet store to visit the animals, and Barnes and Noble to play with Thomas the train. He's becoming more independent and stubborn, but I guess we couldn't have avoided that...after all, he is my kid. Overall we love him and are trying to savor these moments of his discovery while there's no other distractions (although she will be a cute distraction, a distraction nonetheless).
Everything's going well for us, Brian just got P90X and we've done 1 work out together from the DVD...I did a little over half the work out...seeing as how the ligaments in my stomach don't quite appreciate jumping right now, but we're excited to be doing it together. I will get some prego pics up soon...although I don't look pregnant yet, it looks more like I've enjoyed one too many donuts and my stomach's not quite as fit as it was...the glucose test is coming up in a couple of weeks though...and I'm not looking forward to that sugary syrupy grossness...sick...
Anyway...Happy Day!
5 comments:
Isaak will be in for one big surprise when there is a baby "living" at your house. It will be fun to see how they interact. He is such a cutie.
See, I love shopping for little girls things! Totally miss that, because it becomes not so fun when your daughters get older and the trends are ugly! Hense the reason I also don't shop for myself!
once you get into the whole girl shopping thing...it's going to be hard to resist!!! You can always find cute girl clothes but not so much when it comes to boy's...so have SO much fun!
Sounds like you're getting everything in order! She will be a cute distraction! You'll love it! Good luck with the glucose test! I hope you do better than me with that syrup. I'm usually passed out by the 2nd draw!
Are you going to wear skater clothers when you are 40? Hee Hee! I'm with Laura--the only girl clothes that are cute---are the tiny ones---after age 6 its all about finding something modest! Help me! Sorry you have to do the glucose---after my second maybe third kiddo, I did not have to do it. They just said--Yeah we get it--you're diabetic! Phew.
Post a Comment