Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chromosomes....

...it appears that our newest addition is without the "y" chromosome

...today was my first experience hearing an ultrasound tech say the word "vulva"

...at 18 weeks while I was looking into the toilet bowl after puking I began to think that this baby must be a girl...no boy of mine would treat me so horribly

...I'm not fond of the color pink

...I'm okay with it, just don't love it

...Lavender, green, yellow, brown, red, and shades of blue are all nice colors for girls

...My brother Kyle calls me his little brother. When I told him that I was having a girl he said, "but it's yours, so it's basically like your having a boy, right?"

...that made me laugh

...Isaak is going to have a little sister

...Brian is going to have a baby girl

...I'm going to have a daughter

...our lady bug is going to have Brian wrapped around her finger...twice...and it might make me jealous...

...it will be cute...until those times when it's not cute...if you know what I mean

...we feel so blessed to know that everything looks healthy with the little one...and I will now have to get used to saying "her" and "she" instead of "it" and "he"

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Hooray for a LADY bug! She is going to be as gorgeous as her momma! By the way there is something about that second child... (seriously, have you read my blog...) So good luck because if your luck is anything like mine, the puking will only be a fraction of the fun ride she will take you on!

annie said...

I'm so excited for you!

spideybrian said...

I know Shannon...but seriously, have you heard Brian talk about Mo? He would be so happy to have a duplicate of her...she is a funny kid for sure!!

Shelese said...

Wahoo, so excited for you guys!

The Walker clan said...

A little girl will melt even your heart Kayleen! :)

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Congratulations!! I LOVE baby girls! You will too! What's her name?