Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Potty talk

...so I'm still unpacking boxes...how long does the excuse "We've just moved in" work? We moved in June 19...it's been about a month, that excuse totally works still, right?

Anyhow, for those of you who do not know, Muse is no longer with us. Because we're renting, it was hard to find a decent place that accepted cats. So finally when we found this place, we let the couple that is renting to us know (do you call them a "landcouple"?) we had a cat and the wife said that it was fine. Then, after we had decided to move in (I think we had already signed contracts...I can't remember) she called me up and said that she just felt sick about it. So she said she'd be okay with Muse being here as long as we agreed to let her husband (he's a detective) go through the house with a protein detector after we moved everything out to make sure that the cat didn't pee on the carpet.....OK. (Ummm, does this seem extreme to anyone else? What if your previous renters had a bladder problem? How do I know? I'm not paying for their pee!) So I said I'd talk to Brian about it. After some talk we decided we should give Muse away, we love her, she's been a fun cat, obnoxious at times, but nonetheless amusing for the most part....Honestly though, my first thought was about Isaak. I have a 1 year old boy...and you're worried about the cat peeing on the carpet?....right. So it turned out that it was to our advantage to give her away, sad days, yes, but my boy has already peed on the carpet a couple of times, I'm not gonna lie, and I don't know if she would want to keep our deposit because of protein from boy pee or just protein from cat pee, and can you really detect the difference. His pee doesn't smell as bad as her pee for sure, but...okay enough of the potty talk.... We wish Musies the best in all her endeavours, and hope she's happy and well taken care of....and as for Isaak, well, I'm pretty confident that he has not had his last pee on this carpet.....

4 comments:

Shelese said...

Ha ha, that is hilarious. I love it!

J♥M said...

People are beyond weird! And um most landlords or landcouples have to replace carpet at some point for some reason or another (usually pee)! I'm so sorry you had to give Muse away. Glad you didn't sign the detecting contract!

Penguin said...

Hey it's the 24th and we are wondering when you are coming over to light off some fireworks with us. Miss you guys

Kim and company said...

Ummmm that's gross! But not the part about your little guy wizzing on the carpet! Sorry about your cat---looked at Drew on skype today!