So, I arrived later that night, after the wedding festivities with my oldest sister who also ended up having problems with her flight, but at least we got to hang out with our family a bit before my brother and new sis-in-law left on their honeymoon the next morning. It was fun, you can imagine that with 9 of us it's not very often that we all get together to hang out--especially since most of us live in separate states.
My sister-in-law, Annie, is the pretty lady in the tawny jacket all the way to the left. The other good looking folks are my brothers and sisters.

Sooo, my brother Kirk and I stayed at Annie's house (or I guess Kyle and Annie's house after they married) the last night we were there in OKC. Down the street from her house was a skate shop. My brother and I like looking at skate shops, so we told each other that we would hit it up after finishing some errands for Kyle who had already left. We never made it. We were only there for 2 nights and a day so we didn't have time. It truly is unfortunate too, because on the outside of that shop there was a sign that said, "Free Radness." What? They have so much of it that they give it away for free? We were really hoping to tap into some of that Free Radness, since our supplies were running low.
The next morning Kirk and I had to wake up around 4am so that I could take him to the airport. On our way there, we were so tired, we tried to keep each other alert while I drove. We got to talking about the skate shop and Free Radness. Maybe it wasn't that they were giving radness away for free. Maybe they were trying to free it. Like a movement. The free radness movement. How do we do it? We didn't figure that out, but we did conclude that it needed to be done. At least at 4:30am it sounded profound. I find myself thinking about it occasionally now and the need to stop the oppression. Free Radness.
4 comments:
I am absolutely joining the movement---I'm sure I will HAVE to be a part for the radness to truly be set free! Hee Hee---you make me chuckle!
radness...
I think that it is a movement and that we should continue it out here!
You are a funny lady! Free radness is that rad picture of your family!
Post a Comment