Thursday, March 12, 2009

D is for Denver

With 300+ days of sunshine a year Denver Colorado is ranked in the top ten places to live in the United States. It is the home to some professional sport teams: the Nuggets (basketball), Broncos (Football), Rockies (Baseball), and Avalanche (Hockey). In addition Denver is home to the Rocky Mountains, and is known as the Mile High City and is one of the "greener" states in the US. This mountian range provides great places for people to participate in skiing, snowboarding, or just a relaxing in a lodge sipping hot cocoa.
RTD (Regional Transportation District) operates six light rail lines, the C, D, E, F, G,and H with a total of 34.9 miles of track, serving 36 stations. Denver City was founded in November 1858 as a mining town during the Pikes Peak Gold Rush. And yes, there's even a little place called "Assssspen"(even though Lloyd Christmas might tell you otherwise). Doesn't Denver sound amazing?!
If you could, would you move here?

6 comments:

Spencer said...

I've always liked Denver. Susan and I seriously considered Denver before moving here. But you know, D is really for Dallas, not Denver. But still, Denver is really nice!

Shelese said...

I would be up for a move if I had the chance. I think Denver would be a nice place to try, especially if you enjoy the outdoors. I guess the real question is how does Kayleen and Brian feel about Denver?

7packofbearss said...

No. I hate the Broncos! But that is just me.

The Walker clan said...

No. Only cause it is almost the exact same as Salt Lake...weather wise and temp so why not just stay...plus my fam is here. But I would love to visit Kevin and Nicole :)

Shannon said...

Absolutely NOT! I would stay in your house FOREVER!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

What?! Are you considering moving there? Well, it does seem nice, Keawe loves traveling there for the auctions..never been there myself. Do you have family there? That would seal the deal for me.