
So for those of you who were at church to hear the ward business today (that's me saying I understand if you weren't because my little guy sometimes puts us behind as well, who am I kidding, often puts us behind), you heard that we got a new calling. We're ward missionaries serving in the Spanish ward at Traverse Mountain. What's that you say? We are serving in a different ward? That's right folks, a different stake even...well, technically those that speak Spanish that live in our ward boundaries are supposed to attend that ward, so I guess kind of our stake, just not necessarily the boundaries.
Soooo, that means we will not be attending the Loch Lomond ward. Our records are still in this ward, we just will be serving in the other ward. We are sad not to see you at church on Sundays, but are amped for our new calling. Brian and I will get to use our Spanish and will be involved in missionary work. Seriously though, missionary work is what the gospel is all about. In some form or another, our assignments as members of the church are all based on missionary efforts.
In Preach My Gospel President Howard W. Hunter said, " Surely taking the gospel to every kindred, tongue, and people is the single greatest responsibility we have in mortality...We have been privileged to be born in these last days, as opposed to some earlier dispensation, to help take the gospel to all the earth."
He also said, "What does the Atonement have to do with missionary work? Any time we experience the blessings of the Atonement in our lives, we cannot help but have a concern for the welfare of others...A great indicator of one's personal conversion is the desire to share the gospel with others."
I LOVE these quotes. May we always remember why we are here. It is easy to forget what the true purpose of life is, even when opportunities stare us in the face. I have loved serving in Primary and have learned so much being with the children, but I know that the Lord wants Brian and I to attend this other ward and love the people there. Latins are so easy to love. I am excited for the challenge and want to remind all of you (including those outside of my ward who read this :) that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints if true!!! Abiding by the precepts of the gospel is the only way for us to feel true joy. And when all is said and done, when we meet our Creator and he asks us for a report of our life's work, I want mine to be filled with joy as I share with Him the wonder I was able to experience as I felt the power of the gospel and His spirit fill the souls of other people with whom I've shared my mortal journey.
I really didn't mean for this to be so introspective, but that's kinda where it went. Pretty much we just want to make sure that you all remember that we are still a part of the ward, and the neighborhood!!! So don't forget about us, let us know if you need anything at any time and we are more than happy to help you out!!!
3 comments:
Wow Kayleenie! That is excellent! You guys will be terrific! What a blessing---you will be helpful and be blessed at the same time! Way to go!
AMEN!!!!
We miss you in Primary! Hope the new calling is going great! =)
Post a Comment