There are days where I just feel like I suck as a mom lately...actually a lot lately. I'm certain a lot of it has to do with the never ending tendonitis that I've had in my ankles/feet for the past 5 months. I totally get grumpy when I don't exercise. Grrr. Anyway, it gets me into a downward spiral of being grumpy to my kids and then feeling worse about it blah blah blah. I have recently potty trained Kaebri, I'm sure that that has a TON to do with it as well. I am definitely not my best self when I'm potty training. Whatever, the deed is done. She's not perfect, but pretty good. I was in one of these poisonous moods yesterday. After Isaak's soccer game we came home and Kaebri sat down on the couch with my nook. Isaak quickly took off his cleats and shinguards and hopped into the spot right next to her and snuggled into her shoulder. She just leaned right back into him. I was totally anticipating some sort of distress on her part because of it. Nothing. They just sat there reading books for about 30 min or so. I love these kids....
2 comments:
Oh, that is so sweet! You've got such great kids, and I'm sorry that you've felt ornery of late.
I get insanely grumpy with my kids when I'm not 100%. Which seems to be, oh, every other day?!?! So just bring your kids over here so they can see just how good they've got it!
I'm so sorry that your tendon isn't healing! Can we get you into a water aerobics class? might that help? what about boxing? painting? I'm trying to think of ways to use your arms, but i'm gonna stop at "painting."
You're an awesome mom. Part of that is because you set high expectation for yourself. Don't get too down for not meeting them once in a while!
I am so right there with you! I think I lose the battle of wills daily. But I'm glad you had a sweet moment of respite.
Post a Comment