Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yesterday...

...Kaebri turned 2.  I can't even handle it. I love the sweetness of 2. I hear that it's a rough age for many, but it's been good to me so far. 3, on the other hand, has been a struggle...I'm feeling like 4 will be not much better, but I digress....

Kaebri is such a funny chick. She's SOOO different than Isaak. Isaak talks with everyone and wants to know their names and be friends. Kaebri makes you work for it, or at least wait until it's her idea to be friends, or play or put shoes on. Whenever we ask her if she needs help, invariably she says, "No, I got it." Even if she doesn't. She loves loves LOVES Isaak. He's the first thing she asks about in the morning when she wakes up and always wants to involve him in what she does. When he goes to joy school she is always heartbroken. They were so good about playing with one another, but recently it seems that true sibling bickering has begun. So sad. I feel like my parents must have when they would ask my brother Kirk and I if we could just be in the same room for more than 5 minutes and not quarrel. For as much as they frustrate each other, she sure loves her big brother.

Lately she's been taking off her diaper during nap time...NO GOOD!! Both Brian and I have had to clean up some creative brown art all.over.her.crib. DISGUSTING!!! I've considered potty training her. (This is around the time Isaak potty trained), but we're looking to go to a family reunion in Wisconsin in June and I'm just not up for the amount of stops a newly potty trained toddler will create on a 17 hour drive....so that can of worms will remain closed for awhile longer....and duct tape has become my best friend during nap times, around her diaper, of course, not that I haven't considered placing it elsewhere... :)

We are trying to help her with sharing more. She's pretty good at it, but it's more a struggle for her than it was for Isaak at this age. She loves to run around, dance, listen to music, be outside and pretty much any physical activity. She likes to read books, but seems more interested in things she can figure out how to do herself. She plays a little shy act for the first little while of meeting someone, or even getting attention from people that she knows, but eventually warms up to most. So if she ever sits on your lap without hesitation, you know she likes you a lot.

She loves all fruits and most vegetables. She loves eggs too. She'll pretty much take a bite of anything anyone else is eating if they offer it to her, and sometimes when they don't. She loves shoes. We got her a purse for her birthday and she totally knew how to wear it and played with all the gadgets that came inside appropriately, much to my surprise.

She is our little bit of sugar in between our 2 boys. I never really wanted a girl. I was fine with having one, but would have totally been happy to have a family of all boys. Now that we have her though, I can't imagine life without her. I know it sounds cliche, but she has definitely won me over with her cheesy grin and her cute curls. I have cut her hair at least 10 times, just the back, in an effort to even out her mullet. I think I can finally just let it grow now, although I've said that before...

I love the way she gets excited for little fun things to do. I love her impossibly soft, supple, kissable cheeks and long eyelashes. I love the way she bats at her tears when she's trying to stop crying and be strong. I love the way she says "Igic" (Isaak) and "Ameechi" (Demetri). I love that she plays cars while holding her baby or carrying her purse.  I want to keep her little and cuddly forever. She can always get us to laugh and never hesitates to shake her shoulders or bump her head when she hears a good beat.

We love you little Breezy!! Just stay little for awhile longer. I can't handle you getting any bigger!!!

No comments: