Wednesday, April 11, 2012

life

has been pretty crazy for us around here. Demetri got RSV. We were in the hospital for 3 days. Brian got sick (which rarely happens). Demetri got an ear infection after the RSV had cleared. (I've never had to give antibiotics to any of my kids before...I'm really hoping that this is not a trend this the new one...cause I'm not a fan) we've survived. Unfortunately, little D's sleeping habits got dramatically worse as a result of aforementioned illnesses, therefore my sleeping habits have as well. I'm tired. all.the.time. I know it will pass. I'm just trying to have some sort of a schedule that allows me to run still and get enough sleep. I'm a lot nicer when I'm working out regularly and sleeping regularly. I'm trying to give my kids my full attention now too. It's amazing how watching a little baby grow and change drastically so quickly makes you realize that your other kids are aging at the same rate, just not as noticeably as the wee one.

Isaak has been asking "why" about everything forever now. He's so smart, and so good-natured. I often find myself needing to adjust how I speak to him when I'm busy or rushed, just to make sure that he knows that I'm not mad at him. He wants to help so badly that he feels awful if he senses any annoyance in my voice. He's AWESOME with Demetri. Always coming over to "coo" with him and insisting that anytime D is upset it's because he's not with Isaak. He really is a great big brother. He asks me at least once a week if I'm pregnant again....haha. I is waiting for another baby in the house. I told him not to wait. It's going to be quite awhile before I have another baby in my belly.

Kaebri is speaking a ton more now. It's funny to think of that because Isaak was speaking as much as Kaebri is now at 18 months. Kaebri will be 2 in 2 weeks. She can be such a brat one minute and then sooo sweet then next. She's drama, but we love her. She loves dancing, running, playing, and doing anything "Igik" is doing. I can't bring myself to correct the way she says Isaak. I know that all too quickly she will say it correctly and I will long to hear her sweet little voice calling him "Igic" or saying "DT" for Demetri.

Demetri is just a happy little guy. He's growing so fast. At his 2 month appt he was 13 lbs even. He's in the 80th percentile for weight and height and, wait for it, in the 40th percentile for head. Who knew. I was sure with Isaak's enormous head (I say that lovingly, of course) that we were going to have big header all around. He is now in the minority though. We'll see if that keeps up.

Well, that's our update. Oh, my father sold us his van. We're happy for the extra space, but I'm not gonna lie...it was a shot to the pride to join the minivan club. I'm trying to love it, but I can't say that I do, yet. There's still hope, but I'm not holding my breath....

3 comments:

emilyaaa said...

oh, that poor little baby of yours! i didn't know about the ear infection! When it rains it poors, no? So glad you got the minivan. I think you'll come around to it. It's like driving a house. On wheels. So spacious, so much storage, so awesome!!! Can't wait to see you behind the wheel! Does it fit in your garage???

The Danger Zone said...

When james asks "why" one to many times i simply say "why do you think?" Most of the time he seems to know the answer anyways. I.e. "why do they have a left turn signal?" "Why do you think?" " because its so busy, the light tells you when its safe". I find i dont get to that point where my voice sounds irritated. : )

merathon said...

i don't love our MV and it's been 4 years now. but what i DO love is the space. i will keep swallowing my pride until the kids are all older and we can switch back to something like a Honda Pilot or a GMC Acadia!