Thursday, November 11, 2010

Procrastination...

I always feel like I need to give an explanation as to why I haven't been blogging...I don't really have one. I've been focusing on my kids, being bummed that winter is creeping up on us, trying to organize my life (what does that even mean? Is that even possible?), and fill-in-the-blanks here and there. Just pretty much putting it off, I guess...

And begin stream-of-consciousness updates....NOW:

So I went to the dentist on Monday of this week...for the first time since I've been married...don't judge me. I went right before we got married and my teeth were great. We moved twice and never got around to going. I was also pregnant twice, so that kept me from going, but made me think of how I needed to go. I actually really like going to the dentist. LOVE getting my teeth cleaned. I've only had a couple of cavities in my life--including an emergency root canal right before I left on my mission (random, freak occurence. totally surprised me and my dentist). Anyhow, I have 6ish cavities. Not happy about it. They are all superficial, but all need to be filled. that's what I get for procrastination, and waking up in the middle of the night to munch on crackers so I didn't puke while I was prego. Who thinks to floss after noshing at 2am to avoid throwing up? Not me. And if you do, please, keep your pompous comments to yourself... ;)

Kaebri's getting big. She's rolling around with purpose now. The other day she rolled across the whole room...who said that was okay? That just means I'll have to vacuum more often now, watch where I leave things. Remind Isaak not to step on her, etc. It hasn't completely clicked for her yet--that she can always move to get what she wants, but it will, sooner than I want. I wouldn't label her mobile yet...but...she's on the cusp, and I kinda wish she would just sit and be happy with toys in front of her like Isaak used to.

Isaak LOVES Kaebri right now, unless she whines/cries, in which case he runs away from her covering both ears singing some song to drown out her distress. Haha, it's actually pretty funny. He's trying his darndest to avoid naps now...not may favorite thing in the world. I wouldn't care if he could handle it, but when he doesn't nap, by 4pm he's completely unreasonable, on top of being 2.

I've recently (as in, in the last 2 weeks or so) changed my legal name to Vaughan. I know, I know, we've been married for a while, I had tried to change it before, but something always came up...once again, procrastination at its finest. My wallet was stolen, along with our snowboards, boots, goggles, Brian's paintball gun, and my luggage duffel bag. My debit and credit cards weren't used, but I have to get a new license, which means I might as well change my name, which also means I might as well get a Colorado license...because I still had a California license...wait for it...once again procrastination biting me in the butt....it hasn't been good to me, and yet I cling to it, like a venomous serpent...I think it's time to take a new approach to life...

but it can probably wait...

8 comments:

Shannon said...

So can we expect a new e-mail address reflecting this name change Mrs. Vaughan or is that asking too much? Does it feel good to have children with the same last name as you now? I don't know what poor Isaak had thought about his momma all this time...

(and that makes me laugh about Isaak running away singing. You should get that on video)

FoxFamily said...

Wow, how nice that you just changed our name! I know, I know, these things happen. YOu have been quite busy. I love your kid's names. Sorry about the cavities...

Hannah Stayner said...

wow, so all this time calling you Green still was actually legit? sweet. Um, and just so you know until last week I hadn't been to the dentist since right after the mission. (uh huh).

also, your kids are suffering big time for not knowing me. what the heck do you think you are doing raising kids so far away from me. seriously.

another also, I miss you.

Elder and Sister Hale said...

You're so funny! bummer on the stolen items though!! Same thing happened to us last year because of my procrastinating to lock our garage...that darn bad habit.

Aubrey Lambert said...

its good to hear somethings never change...hey wanna finish papers that are due in a matter of hours? how bout some maverick instead!

J♥M said...

I sometimes tell myself that these things not only can wait, but they WILL til they have to be otherwise! You're awesome! Sorry about the dentist!

Kim and company said...

Nice kicker at the end babe. Don't get your teeth filled---get a second opinion---dead serious! Once went to a dentist and he told me 5 cavaties---to my shock and horror---and JUST BY LUCK decided to get a second opinion---and let me tell you NOT ONE. Seriously--not work was done! Dentists need to make a living too and don't make it off cleanings. Sorry to be the bearer or negative news! =) Love you sis. Lock your garage you silly---and my goodness I cannot dain to comment on your changing of names... =)

Kim and company said...

Wow! Apparently I should proof before I post! =)